The employee will be expected to proactively lead the day-to-day management of one of the agency’s highest-profile clients. Strength in communication across channels (mobile, voice and electronic) is a requirement based on the need to interact with client and agency personnel located across multiple markets & time zones. The individual will be tasked with leading the management of coordinated efforts against delivering the client’s goals and managing the agency’s account growth expectations. A strong sense of accountability and “attention to detail” will be essential in enabling the individual to thrive in this environment – while being considered for advancement within the organization.
The ideal candidate will…
- Possess a strong understanding of event planning / meeting planning domestic and international events. Events include product launches, business/corporate meetings and trade shows.
- Consumer events and internal corporate event experience is a must
- Have spent time working in “experiential marketing” is a plus but “Event Planning” is a mandatory.
- Understanding what is required in building and managing events that “bring brands to life” through 1:1 and group interactions.
- Experience negotiating and managing hotel and venue contracts, rooming lists, F&B and worked with a DMC in prior roles.
- Develop and maintain relationships with a critical agency partner’s employees. The individual must be highly skilled at interfacing direct with clients and must present him/her-self in a professional, competent manner and compelling/interesting manner. The individual will need to be able to demonstrate the ability to quickly win the trust and respect of their client and peers.
- Will serve as a key interaction point in the day-to-day maintenance of this critical account. The role of this individual is to “become one among them” by eliminating barriers caused by geographic distance/proximity.
- If the candidate is doing their job effectively, it will actually “blur the lines” between whether he/she works for the client or the agency… a positive, considering we should have shared goals for success across both organizations. This role is an extension to our clients’ internal events team.